Thursday, July 2, 2009

25 June – Siem Reap, Cambodia

Siem Reap is the base camp for exploring the many ruin complexes of the Angkor area. We found a lovely guest house, Earthwalker, where we could prepare for some serious temple sightseeing, and for the final leg of our journey.
We enjoyed the tasty Khmer food in the many good local restaurants around town. Banana blossom salad served on banana leaves, steamed fish served in coconut, lotus root salad, chicken in amok sauce with crispy vegetables, beef lok lak, and much more. And perhaps a dragon fruit for dessert? Yum!

1 comment:

Karl Lion said...

I've read about your journey from some Vietnamese News Websites. It really made me exited! I'm living in Hanoi. It's so unfortunate for me not to have a chance to met your family here. I wish for happiness and best luck will come to you all for the rest of the journey. And hope Vietnam is still a mark on your map for the next trip.